Synonyms of turned out
- 1. prove, turn out, turn up, be
- usage: be shown or be found to be; "She proved to be right"; "The medicine turned out to save her life"; "She turned up HIV positive"
- 2. turn out, happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: prove to be in the result or end; "It turns out that he was right"
- 3. turn out, produce, make, create
- usage: produce quickly or regularly, usually with machinery; "This factory turns out saws"
- 4. turn out, come out, end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
- usage: result or end; "How will the game turn out?"
- 5. turn out, appear
- usage: come, usually in answer to an invitation or summons; "How many people turned out that evening?"
- 6. bear, turn out, make, create
- usage: bring forth, "The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"; "The unidentified plant bore gorgeous flowers"
- 7. eject, chuck out, exclude, turf out, boot out, turn out, expel, throw out, kick out
- usage: put out or expel from a place; "The unruly student was excluded from the game"
- 8. turn out, meet, gather, assemble, forgather, foregather
- usage: come and gather for a public event; "Hundreds of thousands turned out for the anti-war rally in New York"
- 9. turn out, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: outfit or equip, as with accessories; "The actors were turned out lavishly"
- 10. turn out, splay, spread out, rotate, turn
- usage: turn outward; "These birds can splay out their toes"; "ballet dancers can rotate their legs out by 90 degrees"
- 11. switch off, cut, turn off, turn out, throw, flip, switch
- usage: cause to stop operating by disengaging a switch; "Turn off the stereo, please"; "cut the engine"; "turn out the lights"
- 12. get up, turn out, arise, uprise, rise
- usage: get up and out of bed; "I get up at 7 A.M. every day"; "They rose early"; "He uprose at night"
- 1. turned out, clothed (vs. unclothed), clad
- usage: dressed well or smartly; "the girls were well turned out and smart"
All rights reserved.