- 1. branchlet, twig, sprig, branch
- usage: a small branch or division of a branch (especially a terminal division); usually applied to branches of the current or preceding year
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. twig, branch, ramify, fork, furcate, separate
- usage: branch out in a twiglike manner; "The lightning bolt twigged in several directions"
- 2. catch on, get wise, get onto, tumble, latch on, cotton on, twig, get it, grok, get the picture, comprehend, savvy, dig, grasp, compass, apprehend
- usage: understand, usually after some initial difficulty; "She didn't know what her classmates were plotting but finally caught on"
All rights reserved.
See also: twig (Dictionary)