Synonyms of twin
- 1. twin, sibling, sib
- usage: either of two offspring born at the same time from the same pregnancy
- 2. Gemini, Twin, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Gemini
- 3. Twin, Twin Falls
- usage: a waterfall in the Snake River in southern Idaho
- 4. counterpart, similitude, twin, duplicate, duplication
- usage: a duplicate copy
- 1. twin, duplicate, parallel, match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- usage: duplicate or match; "The polished surface twinned his face and chest in reverse"
- 2. match, mate, couple, pair, twin, join, bring together
- usage: bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
- 3. twin, grow
- usage: grow as twins; "twin crystals"
- 4. twin, give birth, deliver, bear, birth, have
- usage: give birth to twins
- 1. duplicate, matching, twin(prenominal), twinned, matched (vs. mismatched)
- usage: being two identical
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of twin (Dictionary)