Synonyms of tying
- 1. tying, ligature, fastening, attachment
- usage: the act of tying or binding things together
- 1. tie, bind, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord; "They tied their victim to the chair"
- 2. tie, draw, equal, match, equalize, equalise, equate
- usage: finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc.; "The teams drew a tie"
- 3. tie, restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
- usage: limit or restrict to; "I am tied to UNIX"; "These big jets are tied to large airports"
- 4. connect, link, tie, link up
- usage: connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces; "Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"; "Tie the ropes together"; "Link arms"
- 5. tie, shape, form
- usage: form a knot or bow in; "tie a necktie"
- 6. bind, tie, attach, bond, relate
- usage: create social or emotional ties; "The grandparents want to bond with the child"
- 7. marry, wed, tie, splice, officiate
- usage: perform a marriage ceremony; "The minister married us on Saturday"; "We were wed the following week"; "The couple got spliced on Hawaii"
- 8. tie, fashion, forge
- usage: make by tying pieces together; "The fishermen tied their flies"
- 9. tie, connect, link, tie, link up
- usage: unite musical notes by a tie
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tying (Dictionary)