Synonyms of umbrella
- 1. umbrella, canopy
- usage: a lightweight handheld collapsible canopy
- 2. umbrella, defense, defence, defensive measure
- usage: a formation of military planes maintained over ground operations or targets; "an air umbrella over England"
- 3. umbrella, union, unification, uniting, conjugation, jointure
- usage: having the function of uniting a group of similar things; "the Democratic Party is an umbrella for many liberal groups"; "under the umbrella of capitalism"
- 1. umbrella, comprehensive (vs. noncomprehensive)
- usage: covering or applying simultaneously to a number of similar items or elements or groups; "an umbrella organization"; "umbrella insurance coverage"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of umbrella (Dictionary)