- 1. nether, under, low (vs. high)
- usage: located below or beneath something else; "nether garments"; "the under parts of a machine"
- 2. under(prenominal), subordinate (vs. dominant), low-level
- usage: lower in rank, power, or authority; "an under secretary"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. under
- usage: down to defeat, death, or ruin; "their competitors went under"
- 2. under
- usage: through a range downward; "children six and under will be admitted free"
- 3. under
- usage: into unconsciousness; "this will put the patient under"
- 4. under
- usage: in or into a state of subordination or subjugation; "we must keep our disappointment under"
- 5. under
- usage: below some quantity or limit; "fifty dollars or under"
- 6. under
- usage: below the horizon; "the sun went under"
- 7. under
- usage: down below; "get under quickly!"
- 8. under, below
- usage: further down; "see under for further discussion"
All rights reserved.
See also: under (Dictionary)