Synonyms of underestimate
- 1. underestimate, underestimation, underrating, underreckoning, estimate, estimation, approximation, idea
- usage: an estimation that is too low; an estimate that is less than the true or actual value
- 1. undervalue, underestimate, value
- usage: assign too low a value to; "Don't underestimate the value of this heirloom-you may sell it at a good price"
- 2. lowball, underestimate, estimate, gauge, approximate, guess, judge
- usage: make a deliberately low estimate; "The construction company wanted the contract badly and lowballed"
- 3. underestimate, underrate, misjudge
- usage: make too low an estimate of; "he underestimated the work that went into the renovation"; "Don't underestimate the danger of such a raft trip on this river"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of underestimate (Dictionary)