Synonyms of underlying
- 1. underlie, be
- usage: be or form the base for
- 2. underlie, lie
- usage: lie underneath
- 1. implicit in(predicate), inherent, underlying, implicit (vs. explicit), inexplicit
- usage: in the nature of something though not readily apparent; "shortcomings inherent in our approach"; "an underlying meaning"
- 2. underlying, subjacent (vs. superjacent)
- usage: located beneath or below
- 3. fundamental, rudimentary, underlying, basic (vs. incidental)
- usage: being or involving basic facts or principles; "the fundamental laws of the universe"; "a fundamental incomatibility between them"; "these rudimentary truths"; "underlying principles"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of underlying (Dictionary)