Synonyms of unhealthy
- 1. unhealthy (vs. healthy), angry, arthritic, creaky, rheumatic, rheumatoid, rheumy, asthmatic, wheezing, wheezy, bad, unfit, unsound, blebby, blistery, puffy, intumescent, tumescent, tumid, turgid, bloodshot, cankerous, ulcerated, ulcerous, carbuncled, carbuncular, carious, caseous, chilblained, colicky, flatulent, gassy, cytomegalic, dehydrated, diseased, morbid, pathologic, pathological, edematous, dropsical, enlarged, foaming, foamy, frothing, gangrenous, mortified, inflamed, inflammatory, ingrowing, ingrown, jaundiced, icteric, yellow, membranous, membrane-forming, mental, proinflammatory, pro-inflammatory, sallow, sickly, sore-eyed, sunburned, sunburnt, varicose, windburned, windburnt, frail, ill#1, sick, unfit, unwholesome
- usage: not in or exhibiting good health in body or mind; "unhealthy ulcers"
- 2. insalubrious, unhealthful, unhealthy, unwholesome (vs. wholesome)
- usage: detrimental to health
- 3. unhealthy, unhealthful (vs. healthful)
- usage: not conducive to good health; "an unhealthy diet of fast foods"; "an unhealthy climate"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of unhealthy (Dictionary)