usage: an organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer; "you have to join the union in order to get a job"
2. Union, North
usage: the United States (especially the northern states during the American Civil War); "he has visited every state in the Union"; "Lee hoped to detach Maryland from the Union"; "the North's superior resources turned the scale"
3. coupling, mating, pairing, conjugation, union, sexual union, sexual activity, sexual practice, sex, sex activity
usage: the act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes; "the casual couplings of adolescents"; "the mating of some species occurs only in the spring"
4. union, unification, state
usage: the state of being joined or united or linked; "there is strength in union"
5. marriage, matrimony, union, spousal relationship, wedlock, marital status
usage: the state of being a married couple voluntarily joined for life (or until divorce); "a long and happy marriage"; "God bless this union"
6. union, conglutination, healing
usage: healing process involving the growing together of the edges of a wound or the growing together of broken bones
7. union, political unit, political entity
usage: a political unit formed from previously independent people or organizations; "the Soviet Union"
8. union, sum, join, set
usage: a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets; "let C be the union of the sets A and B"