Synonyms of unique
- 1. alone(predicate), unique, unequaled, unequalled, unparalleled, incomparable (vs. comparable), uncomparable
- usage: radically distinctive and without equal; "he is alone in the field of microbiology"; "this theory is altogether alone in its penetration of the problem"; "Bach was unique in his handling of counterpoint"; "craftsmen whose skill is unequaled"; "unparalleled athletic ability"; "a breakdown of law unparalleled in our history"
- 2. unique(predicate), specific (vs. general) (vs. nonspecific)
- usage: (followed by `to') applying exclusively to a given category or condition or locality; "a species unique to Australia"
- 3. singular, unique, single (vs. multiple)
- usage: the single one of its kind; "a singular example"; "the unique existing example of Donne's handwriting"; "a unique copy of an ancient manuscript"; "certain types of problems have unique solutions"
- 4. unique, unusual (vs. usual)
- usage: highly unusual or rare but not the single instance; "spoke with a unique accent"; "had unique ability in raising funds"; "a frankness unique in literature"; "a unique dining experience"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of unique (Dictionary)