WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unitary
- usage: relating to or characterized by or aiming toward unity; "the unitary principles of nationalism"; "a unitary movement in politics"
- 2. unitary
- usage: of or pertaining to or involving the use of units; "a unitary method was applied"; "established a unitary distance on which to base subsequent calculations"
- 3. unitary (vs. federal)
- usage: characterized by or constituting a form of government in which power is held by one central authority; "a unitary as opposed to a federal form of government"
- 4. one(prenominal), unitary, united (vs. divided)
- usage: having the indivisible character of a unit; "a unitary action"; "spoke with one voice"
All rights reserved.
See also: unitary (Dictionary)