Synonyms of unknown
- 1. unknown, unknown region, terra incognita, region
- usage: an unknown and unexplored region; "they came like angels out the unknown"
- 2. stranger, alien, unknown, intruder, interloper, trespasser
- usage: anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found
- 3. unknown, unknown quantity, variable
- usage: a variable whose values are solutions of an equation
- 1. unknown (vs. known), chartless, uncharted, unmapped, little-known, unbeknown(predicate), unbeknownst(predicate), undiagnosed, undiscovered, unexplored, unheard-of, unidentified, inglorious, unacknowledged, unfamiliar
- usage: not known; "an unknown amount"; "an unknown island"; "an unknown writer"; "an unknown source"
- 2. nameless, unidentified, unknown, unnamed, anonymous (vs. onymous), anon.
- usage: being or having an unknown or unnamed source; "a poem by an unknown author"; "corporations responsible to nameless owners"; "an unnamed donor"
- 3. unknown, unsuspected (vs. suspected)
- usage: not known to exist; "things obscurely felt surged up from unknown depths"
- 4. obscure, unknown, unsung, inglorious (vs. glorious)
- usage: not famous or acclaimed; "an obscure family"; "unsung heroes of the war"
- 5. strange, unknown, unfamiliar (vs. familiar)
- usage: not known before; "used many strange words"; "saw many strange faces in the crowd"; "don't let anyone unknown into the house"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of unknown (Dictionary)