- 1. ill-timed, unseasonable, untimely, wrong, inopportune (vs. opportune)
- usage: badly timed; "an ill-timed intervention"; "you think my intrusion unseasonable"; "an untimely remark"; "it was the wrong moment for a joke"
- 2. premature, untimely, early (vs. middle) (vs. late)
- usage: uncommonly early or before the expected time; "illness led to his premature death"; "alcohol brought him to an untimely end"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. prematurely, untimely
- usage: too soon; in a premature manner; "I spoke prematurely"
All rights reserved.
See also: untimely (Dictionary)