WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unusual (vs. usual), different, extraordinary(predicate), odd, out-of-the-way, peculiar, unaccustomed, unique, uncommon
- usage: not usual or common or ordinary; "a scene of unusual beauty"; "a man of unusual ability"; "cruel and unusual punishment"; "an unusual meteorite"
- 2. strange (vs. familiar), unusual, antic, fantastic, fantastical, grotesque, crazy, curious, funny, odd, peculiar, queer, rum, rummy, singular, eerie, eery, exotic, freaky, gothic, oddish, other, quaint, quaint, weird
- usage: being definitely out of the ordinary and unexpected; slightly odd or even a bit weird; "a strange exaltation that was indefinable"; "a strange fantastical mind"; "what a strange sense of humor she has"
- 3. unusual, uncommon (vs. common)
- usage: not commonly encountered; "two-career families are no longer unusual"
All rights reserved.
See also: unusual (Dictionary)