WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unwieldy (vs. wieldy), unmanageable, awkward, bunglesome, clumsy, ungainly, cumbersome, cumbrous
- usage: difficult to use or handle or manage because of size or weight or shape; "we set about towing the unwieldy structure into the shelter"; "almost dropped the unwieldy parcel"
- 2. unwieldy, impractical (vs. practical)
- usage: difficult to work or manipulate; "unwieldy rules and regulations"
- 3. gawky, clumsy, clunky, ungainly, unwieldy, awkward (vs. graceful)
- usage: lacking grace in movement or posture; "a gawky lad with long ungainly legs"; "clumsy fingers"; "what an ungainly creature a giraffe is"; "heaved his unwieldy figure out of his chair"
All rights reserved.
See also: unwieldy (Dictionary)