- 1. wellbeing, well-being, welfare, upbeat, eudaemonia, eudaimonia, prosperity, successfulness
- usage: a contented state of being happy and healthy and prosperous; "the town was finally on the upbeat after our recent troubles"
- 2. upbeat, offbeat, rhythm, beat, musical rhythm
- usage: an unaccented beat (especially the last beat of a measure)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cheerful, pollyannaish, upbeat, optimistic (vs. pessimistic)
- usage: pleasantly (even unrealistically) optimistic
All rights reserved.
See also: upbeat (Dictionary)