Synonyms of uproot
- 1. uproot, deracinate, displace
- usage: move (people) forcibly from their homeland into a new and foreign environment; "The war uprooted many people"
- 2. uproot, eradicate, extirpate, root out, exterminate, destroy, destruct
- usage: destroy completely, as if down to the roots; "the vestiges of political democracy were soon uprooted" "root out corruption"
- 3. uproot, extirpate, deracinate, root out, move, displace
- usage: pull up by or as if by the roots; "uproot the vine that has spread all over the garden"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of uproot (Dictionary)