Synonyms of upstage
- 1. upstage, part, portion
- usage: the rear part of the stage
- 1. upstage, treat, handle, do by
- usage: treat snobbishly, put in one's place
- 2. upstage, move, displace
- usage: move upstage, forcing the other actors to turn away from the audience
- 3. upstage, outshine
- usage: steal the show, draw attention to oneself away from someone else; "When the dog entered the stage, he upstaged the actress"
- 1. upstage (vs. downstage)
- usage: of the back half of a stage; "she crossed to the upstage chair forcing the lead to turn his back to the audience"
- 2. aloof, distant, upstage, reserved (vs. unreserved)
- usage: remote in manner; "stood apart with aloof dignity"; "a distant smile"; "he was upstage with strangers"
- 1. upstage
- usage: at or toward the rear of the stage; "the dancers were directed to move upstage"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of upstage (Dictionary)