Synonyms of utter
- 1. express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- usage: articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise; "She expressed her anger"; "He uttered a curse"
- 2. utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: express audibly; utter sounds (not necessarily words); "She let out a big heavy sigh"; "He uttered strange sounds that nobody could understand"
- 3. talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: express in speech; "She talks a lot of nonsense"; "This depressed patient does not verbalize"
- 4. utter, circulate, pass around, pass on, distribute
- usage: put into circulation; "utter counterfeit currency"
- 1. arrant(prenominal), complete(prenominal), consummate(prenominal), double-dyed(prenominal), everlasting(prenominal), gross(prenominal), perfect(prenominal), pure(prenominal), sodding(prenominal), stark(prenominal), staring(prenominal), thoroughgoing(prenominal), utter(prenominal), unadulterated, unmitigated (vs. mitigated)
- usage: without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers; "an arrant fool"; "a complete coward"; "a consummate fool"; "a double-dyed villain"; "gross negligence"; "a perfect idiot"; "pure folly"; "what a sodding mess"; "stark staring mad"; "a thoroughgoing villain"; "utter nonsense"; "the unadulterated truth"
- 2. dead(prenominal), utter, complete (vs. incomplete)
- usage: complete; "came to a dead stop"; "utter seriousness"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of utter (Dictionary)