WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- usage: articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise; "She expressed her anger"; "He uttered a curse"
- 2. utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: express audibly; utter sounds (not necessarily words); "She let out a big heavy sigh"; "He uttered strange sounds that nobody could understand"
- 3. talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: express in speech; "She talks a lot of nonsense"; "This depressed patient does not verbalize"
- 4. utter, circulate, pass around, pass on, distribute
- usage: put into circulation; "utter counterfeit currency"
All rights reserved.
See also: uttering (Dictionary)