WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vacate, resign, renounce, give up, leave office, quit, step down, resign
- usage: leave (a job, post, or position) voluntarily; "She vacated the position when she got pregnant"; "The chairman resigned when he was found to have misappropriated funds"
- 2. vacate, empty, abandon, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: leave behind empty; move out of; "You must vacate your office by tonight"
- 3. revoke, annul, lift, countermand, reverse, repeal, overturn, rescind, vacate, cancel, strike down
- usage: cancel officially; "He revoked the ban on smoking"; "lift an embargo"; "vacate a death sentence"
All rights reserved.
See also: vacate (Dictionary)