Synonyms of value
- 1. value, numerical quantity
- usage: a numerical quantity measured or assigned or computed; "the value assigned was 16 milliseconds"
- 2. value, worth
- usage: the quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable; "the Shakespearean Shylock is of dubious value in the modern world"
- 3. value, economic value, measure, quantity, amount
- usage: the amount (of money or goods or services) that is considered to be a fair equivalent for something else; "he tried to estimate the value of the produce at normal prices"
- 4. value, color property
- usage: relative darkness or lightness of a color; "I establish the colors and principal values by organizing the painting into three values--dark, medium...and light"-Joe Hing Lowe
- 5. value, time value, note value, duration, continuance
- usage: (music) the relative duration of a musical note
- 6. value, ideal
- usage: an ideal accepted by some individual or group; "he has old-fashioned values"
- 1. value, determine, set
- usage: fix or determine the value of; assign a value to; "value the jewelry and art work in the estate"
- 2. prize, value, treasure, appreciate, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
- usage: hold dear; "I prize these old photographs"
- 3. respect, esteem, value, prize, prise, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
- usage: regard highly; think much of; "I respect his judgement"; "We prize his creativity"
- 4. measure, evaluate, valuate, assess, appraise, value, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of; "I will have the family jewels appraised by a professional"; "access all the factors when taking a risk"
- 5. rate, value, measure, evaluate, valuate, assess, appraise, value
- usage: estimate the value of; "How would you rate his chances to become President?"; "Gold was rated highly among the Romans"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of value (Dictionary)