- 1. coquette, flirt, vamp, vamper, minx, tease, prickteaser, woman, adult female
- usage: a seductive woman who uses her sex appeal to exploit men
- 2. vamp, accompaniment, musical accompaniment, backup, support
- usage: an improvised musical accompaniment
- 3. vamp, piece of leather
- usage: piece of leather forming the front part of the upper of a shoe
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vamp, vamp up, fabricate, manufacture, cook up, make up, invent
- usage: make up; "vamp up an excuse for not attending the meeting"
- 2. vamp, vamp up, patch, piece
- usage: piece (something old) with a new part; "vamp up an old speech"
- 3. vamp, chat up, flirt, dally, butterfly, coquet, coquette, romance, philander, mash
- usage: act seductively with (someone)
- 4. vamp, revamp, repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on
- usage: provide (a shoe) with a new vamp; "revamp my old boots"
All rights reserved.
See also: vamp (Dictionary)