Synonyms of variable
- 1. variable, thing
- usage: something that is likely to vary; something that is subject to variation; "the weather is one variable to be considered"
- 2. variable, variable quantity, quantity
- usage: a quantity that can assume any of a set of values
- 3. variable star, variable, star
- usage: a star that varies noticeably in brightness
- 4. variable, symbol
- usage: a symbol (like x or y) that is used in mathematical or logical expressions to represent a variable quantity
- 1. variable (vs. invariable), changeable, uncertain, unsettled, covariant, multivariate, protean, shifting, variant, versatile, inconsistent, inconstant
- usage: liable to or capable of change; "rainfall in the tropics is notoriously variable"; "variable winds"; "variable expenses"
- 2. varying, variable, varied (vs. unvaried)
- usage: marked by diversity or difference; "the varying angles of roof slope"; "nature is infinitely variable"
- 3. variable, adaptable (vs. unadaptable)
- usage: (used of a device) designed so that a property (as e.g. light) can be varied; "a variable capacitor"; "variable filters in front of the mercury xenon lights"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of variable (Dictionary)