Synonyms of variation
- 1. variation, fluctuation, change, alteration, modification
- usage: an instance of change; the rate or magnitude of change
- 2. variation, variance, activity
- usage: an activity that varies from a norm or standard; "any variation in his routine was immediately reported"
- 3. variation, theme, melodic theme, musical theme, idea
- usage: a repetition of a musical theme in which it is modified or embellished
- 4. version, variant, variation, edition, type
- usage: something a little different from others of the same type; "an experimental version of the night fighter"; "a variant of the same word"; "an emery wheel is the modern variation of a grindstone"; "the boy is a younger edition of his father"
- 5. variation, thing
- usage: an artifact that deviates from a norm or standard; "he patented a variation on the sandal"
- 6. magnetic declination, magnetic variation, variation, angle
- usage: the angle (at a particular location) between magnetic north and true north
- 7. variation, process, physical process
- usage: the process of varying or being varied
- 8. variation, perturbation
- usage: (astronomy) any perturbation of the mean motion or orbit of a planet or satellite (especially a perturbation of the earth's moon)
- 9. mutant, mutation, variation, sport, organism, being
- usage: (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
- 10. pas seul, variation, dancing, dance, terpsichore, saltation
- usage: (ballet) a solo dance or dance figure
- 11. variation, change
- usage: the act of changing or altering something slightly but noticeably from the norm or standard; "who is responsible for these variations in taxation?"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of variation (Dictionary)