WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. assorted, various, different (vs. same)
- usage: of many different kinds purposefully arranged but lacking any uniformity; "assorted sizes"; "his disguises are many and various"; "various experiments have failed to disprove the theory"; "cited various reasons for his behavior"
- 2. respective(prenominal), several(prenominal), various(prenominal), individual (vs. common), single
- usage: considered individually; "the respective club members"; "specialists in their several fields"; "the various reports all agreed"
- 3. diverse, various, different (vs. same)
- usage: distinctly dissimilar or unlike; "celebrities as diverse as Bob Hope and Bob Dylan"; "animals as various as the jaguar and the cavy and the sloth"
- 4. versatile, various, varied (vs. unvaried)
- usage: having great diversity or variety; "his various achievements are impressive"; "his vast and versatile erudition"
All rights reserved.
See also: various (Dictionary)