WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. change, alter, vary
- usage: become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence; "her mood changes in accordance with the weather"; "The supermarket's selection of vegetables varies according to the season"
- 2. deviate, vary, diverge, depart, differ
- usage: be at variance with; be out of line with
- 3. vary, differ
- usage: be subject to change in accordance with a variable; "Prices vary"; "His moods vary depending on the weather"
- 4. vary, variegate, motley, diversify
- usage: make something more diverse and varied; "Vary the menu"
All rights reserved.
See also: vary (Dictionary)