- 1. head covering, veil, garment
- usage: a garment that covers the head and face
- 2. veil, velum, plant part, plant structure
- usage: a membranous covering attached to the immature fruiting body of certain mushrooms
- 3. caul, veil, embryonic membrane, fetal membrane
- usage: the inner membrane of embryos in higher vertebrates (especially when covering the head at birth)
- 4. humeral veil, veil, vestment
- usage: a vestment worn by a priest at High Mass in the Roman Catholic Church; a silk shawl
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. veil, hide, conceal
- usage: to obscure, or conceal with or as if with a veil; "women in Afghanistan veil their faces"
- 2. obscure, blot out, obliterate, veil, hide, change, alter, modify
- usage: make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing; "a hidden message"; "a veiled threat"
All rights reserved.
See also: veil (Dictionary)