Synonyms of veiled
- 1. veil, hide, conceal
- usage: to obscure, or conceal with or as if with a veil; "women in Afghanistan veil their faces"
- 2. obscure, blot out, obliterate, veil, hide, change, alter, modify
- usage: make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing; "a hidden message"; "a veiled threat"
- 1. veiled (vs. unveiled)
- usage: having or as if having a veil or concealing cover; "a veiled dancer"; "a veiled hat"; "veiled threats"; "veiled insults"
- 2. veiled, indistinct (vs. distinct)
- usage: muted or unclear; "veiled sounds"; "the image is veiled or foggy"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of veiled (Dictionary)