Synonyms of vein
- 1. vein, vena, venous blood vessel, blood vessel
- usage: a blood vessel that carries blood from the capillaries toward the heart; "all veins except the pulmonary vein carry unaerated blood"
- 2. vein, expressive style, style
- usage: a distinctive style or manner; "he continued in this vein for several minutes"
- 3. vein, nervure, vascular bundle, vascular strand, fibrovascular bundle
- usage: any of the vascular bundles or ribs that form the branching framework of conducting and supporting tissues in a leaf or other plant organ
- 4. vein, mineral vein, geological formation, formation
- usage: a layer of ore between layers of rock
- 5. vein, nervure, rib
- usage: one of the horny ribs that stiffen and support the wing of an insect
- 1. vein, stain
- usage: make a veinlike pattern
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of vein (Dictionary)