Synonyms of vent
- 1. vent, venthole, vent-hole, blowhole, hole
- usage: a hole for the escape of gas or air
- 2. vent, orifice, opening, porta
- usage: external opening of urinary or genital system of a lower vertebrate
- 3. vent, volcano, crack, cleft, crevice, fissure, scissure
- usage: a fissure in the earth's crust (or in the surface of some other planet) through which molten lava and gases erupt
- 4. vent, slit
- usage: a slit in a garment (as in the back seam of a jacket)
- 5. release, outlet, vent, activity
- usage: activity that frees or expresses creative energy or emotion; "she had no other outlet for her feelings"; "he gave vent to his anger"
- 1. vent, ventilate, give vent, express, show, evince
- usage: give expression or utterance to; "She vented her anger"; "The graduates gave vent to cheers"
- 2. vent, ventilate, air out, air, refresh, freshen
- usage: expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen; "air the old winter clothes"; "air out the smoke-filled rooms"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of vent (Dictionary)