WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vent, ventilate, air out, air, refresh, freshen
- usage: expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen; "air the old winter clothes"; "air out the smoke-filled rooms"
- 2. ventilate, expose
- usage: expose to the circulation of fresh air so as to retard spoilage; "Wheat should be well ventilated"
- 3. ventilate, circulate
- usage: circulate through and freshen; "The gust of air ventilated the room"
- 4. vent, ventilate, give vent, express, show, evince
- usage: give expression or utterance to; "She vented her anger"; "The graduates gave vent to cheers"
- 5. ventilate, change, alter, modify
- usage: furnish with an opening to allow air to circulate or gas to escape; "The architect did not think about ventilating the storage space"
All rights reserved.
See also: ventilate (Dictionary)