- 1. venture, undertaking, project, task, labor
- usage: any venturesome undertaking especially one with an uncertain outcome
- 2. speculation, venture, investment, investment funds
- usage: an investment that is very risky but could yield great profits; "he knew the stock was a speculation when he bought it"
- 3. venture, commercial enterprise, business enterprise, business
- usage: a commercial undertaking that risks a loss but promises a profit
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. venture, embark, go, proceed, move
- usage: proceed somewhere despite the risk of possible dangers; "We ventured into the world of high-tech and bought a supercomputer"
- 2. guess, venture, pretend, hazard, speculate
- usage: put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation; "I am guessing that the price of real estate will rise again"; "I cannot pretend to say that you are wrong"
- 3. venture, hazard, adventure, stake, jeopardize, risk, put on the line, lay on the line
- usage: put at risk; "I will stake my good reputation for this"
All rights reserved.
See also: venture (Dictionary)