WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. verbalize, verbalise, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: be verbose; "This lawyer verbalizes and is rather tedious"
- 2. talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: express in speech; "She talks a lot of nonsense"; "This depressed patient does not verbalize"
- 3. express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- usage: articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise; "She expressed her anger"; "He uttered a curse"
- 4. verbalize, verbalise, convert
- usage: convert into a verb; "many English nouns have become verbalized"
All rights reserved.
See also: verbalize (Dictionary)