WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. versatile, various, varied (vs. unvaried)
- usage: having great diversity or variety; "his various achievements are impressive"; "his vast and versatile erudition"
- 2. versatile, variable (vs. invariable)
- usage: changeable or inconstant; "versatile moods"
- 3. versatile, skilled (vs. unskilled)
- usage: competent in many areas and able to turn with ease from one thing to another; "a versatile writer"
- 4. versatile, mobile (vs. immobile)
- usage: able to move freely in all directions; "an owl's versatile toe can move backward and forward"; "an insect's versatile antennae can move up and down or laterally"; "a versatile anther of a flower moves freely in the wind"
All rights reserved.
See also: versatile (Dictionary)