WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. version, interpretation
- usage: an interpretation of a matter from a particular viewpoint; "his version of the fight was different from mine"
- 2. version, variant, variation, edition, type
- usage: something a little different from others of the same type; "an experimental version of the night fighter"; "a variant of the same word"; "an emery wheel is the modern variation of a grindstone"; "the boy is a younger edition of his father"
- 3. adaptation, version, writing, written material, piece of writing
- usage: a written work (as a novel) that has been recast in a new form; "the play is an adaptation of a short novel"
- 4. translation, interlingual rendition, rendering, version, written record, written account
- usage: a written communication in a second language having the same meaning as the written communication in a first language
- 5. interpretation, reading, version, representation, mental representation, internal representation
- usage: a mental representation of the meaning or significance of something
- 6. version, turn, turning
- usage: manual turning of a fetus in the uterus (usually to aid delivery)
All rights reserved.
See also: version (Dictionary)