Synonyms of very
- 1. very(prenominal), precise (vs. imprecise)
- usage: precisely as stated; "the very center of town"
- 2. identical, selfsame(prenominal), very(prenominal), same (vs. other)
- usage: being the exact same one; not any other:; "this is the identical room we stayed in before"; "the themes of his stories are one and the same"; "saw the selfsame quotation in two newspapers"; "on this very spot"; "the very thing he said yesterday"; "the very man I want to see"
- 1. very, really, real, rattling
- usage: used as intensifiers; `real' is sometimes used informally for `really'; `rattling' is informal; "she was very gifted"; "he played very well"; "a really enjoyable evening"; "I'm real sorry about it"; "a rattling good yarn"
- 2. very
- usage: precisely so; "on the very next page"; "he expected the very opposite"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of very (Dictionary)