Synonyms of vested
- 1. invest, vest, enthrone, install, instal
- usage: provide with power and authority; "They vested the council with special rights"
- 2. vest, give
- usage: place (authority, property, or rights) in the control of a person or group of persons; "She vested her vast fortune in her two sons"
- 3. vest, change hands, change owners
- usage: become legally vested; "The property vests in the trustees"
- 4. vest, dress, dress up
- usage: clothe oneself in ecclesiastical garments
- 5. vest, robe, dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
- usage: clothe formally; especially in ecclesiastical robes
- 1. vested, unconditional (vs. conditional), unconditioned
- usage: fixed and absolute and without contingency; "a vested right"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of vested (Dictionary)