- 1. veto, vote, ballot, voting, balloting
- usage: a vote that blocks a decision
- 2. veto, power, powerfulness
- usage: the power or right to prohibit or reject a proposed or intended act (especially the power of a chief executive to reject a bill passed by the legislature)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. veto, blackball, negative, oppose, controvert, contradict
- usage: vote against; refuse to endorse; refuse to assent; "The President vetoed the bill"
- 2. forbid, prohibit, interdict, proscribe, veto, disallow, nix, command, require
- usage: command against; "I forbid you to call me late at night"; "Mother vetoed the trip to the chocolate store"; "Dad nixed our plans"
All rights reserved.
See also: veto (Dictionary)