WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. annoy, rag, get to, bother, get at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil, displease
- usage: cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
- 2. worry, vex, perturb, unhinge, disquiet, trouble, cark, distract, disorder
- usage: disturb the peace of mind of; afflict with mental agitation or distress; "I cannot sleep--my daughter's health is worrying me"
- 3. agitate, vex, disturb, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up, move, displace
- usage: change the arrangement or position of
- 4. vex, debate, deliberate
- usage: subject to prolonged examination, discussion, or deliberation; "vex the subject of the death penalty"
- 5. perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound, confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate
- usage: be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
All rights reserved.
See also: vex (Dictionary)