WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vibration, quiver, quivering, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: the act of vibrating
- 2. shaking, shakiness, trembling, quiver, quivering, vibration, palpitation, motion
- usage: a shaky motion; "the shaking of his fingers as he lit his pipe"
- 3. oscillation, vibration, wave, undulation
- usage: (physics) a regular periodic variation in value about a mean
- 4. vibration, vibe, air, aura, atmosphere
- usage: a distinctive emotional aura experienced instinctively; "that place gave me bad vibrations"; "it gave me a nostalgic vibe"
All rights reserved.
See also: vibration (Dictionary)