WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. victimize, victimise, wrong
- usage: make a victim of; "I was victimized by this con-man"
- 2. victimize, victimise, punish, penalize, penalise
- usage: punish unjustly
- 3. victimize, swindle, rook, goldbrick, nobble, diddle, bunco, defraud, scam, mulct, gyp, gip, hornswoggle, short-change, con, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"
All rights reserved.
See also: victimize (Dictionary)