WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. misdemeanor, misdemeanour, infraction, violation, infringement, crime, offense, criminal offense, criminal offence, offence, law-breaking
- usage: a crime less serious than a felony
- 2. violation, infringement, wrongdoing, wrongful conduct, misconduct, actus reus
- usage: an act that disregards an agreement or a right; "he claimed a violation of his rights under the Fifth Amendment"
- 3. trespass, encroachment, violation, intrusion, usurpation, wrongdoing, wrongful conduct, misconduct, actus reus
- usage: entry to another's property without right or permission
- 4. irreverence, violation, evil, immorality, wickedness, iniquity
- usage: a disrespectful act
- 5. rape, violation, assault, ravishment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, sex crime, sex offense
- usage: the crime of forcing a woman to submit to sexual intercourse against her will
All rights reserved.
See also: violation (Dictionary)