WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deadly, venomous, virulent, toxic (vs. nontoxic)
- usage: extremely poisonous or injurious; producing venom; "venomous snakes"; "a virulent insect bite"
- 2. virulent (vs. avirulent), highly infective, deadly
- usage: infectious; having the ability to cause disease
- 3. acerb, acerbic, acid, acrid, bitter, blistering, caustic, sulfurous, sulphurous, virulent, vitriolic, unpleasant (vs. pleasant)
- usage: harsh or corrosive in tone; "an acerbic tone piercing otherwise flowery prose"; "a barrage of acid comments"; "her acrid remarks make her many enemies"; "bitter words"; "blistering criticism"; "caustic jokes about political assassination, talk-show hosts and medical ethics"; "a sulfurous denunciation"; "a vitriolic critique"
All rights reserved.
See also: virulent (Dictionary)