WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. virus, microorganism, micro-organism, infectious agent, infective agent
- usage: (virology) ultramicroscopic infectious agent that replicates itself only within cells of living hosts; many are pathogenic; a piece of nucleic acid (DNA or RNA) wrapped in a thin coat of protein
- 2. virus, representation, delegacy, agency
- usage: a harmful or corrupting agency; "bigotry is a virus that must not be allowed to spread"; "the virus of jealousy is latent in everyone"
- 3. virus, computer virus, malevolent program
- usage: a software program capable of reproducing itself and usually capable of causing great harm to files or other programs on the same computer; "a true virus cannot spread to another computer without human assistance"
All rights reserved.
See also: virus (Dictionary)