Synonyms of visiting
- 1. visiting, visit
- usage: the activity of making visits; "the purpose was to promote homes, clubs, visiting, and other services"
- 1. visit, see, tour
- usage: go to see a place, as for entertainment; "We went to see the Eiffel Tower in the morning"
- 2. travel to, visit, travel, trip, jaunt
- usage: go to certain places as for sightseeing; "Did you ever visit Paris?"
- 3. visit, call in, call, meet, get together
- usage: pay a brief visit; "The mayor likes to call on some of the prominent citizens"
- 4. visit, inspect
- usage: come to see in an official or professional capacity; "The governor visited the prison"; "The grant administrator visited the laboratory"
- 5. inflict, bring down, visit, impose, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: impose something unpleasant; "The principal visited his rage on the students"
- 6. chew the fat, shoot the breeze, chat, confabulate, confab, chitchat, chit-chat, chatter, chaffer, natter, gossip, jaw, claver, visit, converse, discourse
- usage: talk socially without exchanging too much information; "the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze"
- 7. visit, bide, abide, stay
- usage: stay with as a guest; "Every summer, we visited our relatives in the country for a month"
- 8. visit, afflict, smite
- usage: assail; "He was visited with a terrible illness that killed him quickly"
All rights reserved.