WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vitality, verve, energy, muscularity, vigor, vigour, vim
- usage: an energetic style
- 2. energy, vim, vitality, good health, healthiness
- usage: a healthy capacity for vigorous activity; "jogging works off my excess energy"; "he seemed full of vim and vigor"
- 3. life force, vital force, vitality, elan vital, force
- usage: (biology) a hypothetical force (not physical or chemical) once thought by Henri Bergson to cause the evolution and development of organisms
- 4. animation, vitality, animateness, aliveness, liveness
- usage: the property of being able to survive and grow; "the vitality of a seed"
All rights reserved.
See also: vitality (Dictionary)