WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. corrupt, pervert, subvert, demoralize, demoralise, debauch, debase, profane, vitiate, deprave, misdirect, change, alter, modify
- usage: corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality; "debauch the young people with wine and women"; "Socrates was accused of corrupting young men"; "Do school counselors subvert young children?"; "corrupt the morals"
- 2. mar, impair, spoil, deflower, vitiate, damage
- usage: make imperfect; "nothing marred her beauty"
- 3. invalidate, void, vitiate, change, alter, modify
- usage: take away the legal force of or render ineffective; "invalidate a contract"
All rights reserved.
See also: vitiate (Dictionary)