- 1. vocal music, vocal, music
- usage: music intended to be performed by one or more singers, usually with instrumental accompaniment
- 2. song, vocal, musical composition, opus, composition, piece, piece of music
- usage: a short musical composition with words; "a successful musical must have at least three good songs"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vocal (vs. instrumental)
- usage: relating to or designed for or using the singing voice; "vocal technique"; "the vocal repertoire"; "organized a vocal group to sing his compositions"
- 2. vocal
- usage: having or using the power to produce speech or sound; "vocal organs"; "all vocal beings hymned their praise"
- 3. outspoken, vocal, communicative (vs. uncommunicative), communicatory
- usage: given to expressing yourself freely or insistently; "outspoken in their opposition to segregation"; "a vocal assembly"
- 4. vocal, loud (vs. soft)
- usage: full of the sound of voices; "a playground vocal with the shouts and laughter of children"
All rights reserved.
See also: vocal (Dictionary)